Event Donations granted under this policy are normally intended as one-time special event funding to assist members. Registration/lesson fee reimbursements are also included in the donations policy. The donation funding does not cover costs supported by other programs or funding sources, purchasing of equipment, tuition, books, travel and accommodations. No donations/reimbursements will be provided for costs associated with licenses, permits, or registration fees related to motorized vehicles.
The Donations Policy covers the period April 1- March 31 of each year.
- Registration/lesson fees for any one of the eligible categories listed, on a reimbursement basis with receipts.
- Up to $250.00 per applicant per year
- Events funding for any one of the eligible categories listed
- Once time a year funding
- To a maximum of $500 or 50% of the proposed budget – individual
- To a maximum of $1,000 or 50% of the proposed budget – group (3+ people)
- To a maximum of $1,000 or 50% of the proposed budget that includes accommodations and airfare.
To be eligible to receive a donation from the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, the applicant must meet the requirements of the MCFN “Donations Policy”. Failure to adhere to the following eligibility criteria will result in applications being denied. DONATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO FUNDING AVAILABILITY.
- Be a group, individual, organization, or project affiliated with the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation that promotes and strengthens the local community.
- Be of direct benefit to the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and its members.
- Have a clearly defined, worthwhile purpose relevant to the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and its people.
- All portions of the attached Donations Application must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT FN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM APPLICANT IN ORDER TO CONFIRM REGISTRATION AND FEES PAID.
For more information or to pick up/drop off an application, visit the Lands, Membership & Research office or click here.
The latest posts from MCFN Lands, Research and Membership Department
A special highlight of the 2020 Historical Gathering occurred when Chief R. Stacey Laforme gifted MCFN Lands, Membership and Research Director and MCFN Member Margaret Sault with an Eagle feather. "We want to show our [...]