The MCFN Housing Department administers construction programs for new housing, repairs for existing housing, acts as an agent for the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) on MCFN Reserve No. 40A.
Programs and Services
This program facilitates loans and the construction of new homes for MCFN members on MCFN Reserve No. 40A.
Housing Repairs/Renovation Sanitation Program
Provides financial assistance to address health, safety and structural deficiencies in order to preserve and prolong the use of a residence.
Manages Townline Estates; a 23-unit complex on MCFN Reserve No. 40A. Preference for housing eligibility at Townline Estates given to MCFN members based on income, number of members to be housed without overcrowding, and living arrangements as per the application.
Technical Resource Manager (TRM)
The Technical Resource Manager provides building inspections for all MCFN programs and members.
- Provides financial assistance to purchase a new completed home in the subdivision now known as Eagle Lane Estates.
- Works with the Ontario First Nation Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) to provide mandatory inspections pertaining to new homes.
- Works with Health Canada to provide inspections/approvals pertaining to septic bed installations, as well as mold in a home.
- Administers the Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program to repair or rehabilitate existing substandard housing to a minimum level of health and safety. Also, builds special access for persons with disabilities or to help reduce overcrowding.
- Administers the Home Adaptation for Seniors’ Independence Program (HASI) for minor home adaptations to extend the time that low-income seniors can live in their own homes independently. Individuals must be aged 65 years or older and household income must be below a certain income limit. Eligible modifications may include: handrails in hallways/stairways; grab bars in bathrooms; lever handles on doors, etc.
- Provides work experience and on the-job-training to assist unemployed Indigenous youth aged 15 to 30 to gain work experience in the housing industry. Supported with wages provided from CMHC.
- Assists in providing safe potable water, wastewater treatment and indoor plumbing.
- To provide financial assistance to purchase a new completed home in the subdivision now known as Eagle Lane Estates.
2789 Mississauga Road, Bldg #1, Hagersville, ON, N0A 1H0