MCFN Community Health is a program found right here in your community. It has many different services available to everyone. We are dedicated to promoting, educating and informing the community with regard to the health and wellness of everyone. The Community Health Unit is composed of the Community Health Nurse, Community Health Representative, Healthy Babies/Healthy Children Coordinator, and Community Health Clerk.
- breastfeeding support group
- pre-natal and post-natal counselling
- well-baby clinic
- newborn assessments
- diabetes support group
- weight monitoring
- blood pressure checks
- blood glucose testing
- nutritional counselling and referrals to a dietitian
- foot care clinic
- head checks
- communicable disease control: help to control the spread of communicable diseases such as rabies, STIs, chicken pox, etc. through monitoring affected individuals and their contacts
- West Nile Virus surveillance
- water testing
The Community Health Unit also has a lending resource library onsite with books and videos relating to:
- pregnancy, labour and delivery
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- drug and alcohol abuse
- dental health
- women’s and men’s health
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- HIV/AIDS and more
The latest posts from MCFN Social and Health Services Department
MCFN Services for Seniors
MCFN Services for seniors. For more Information contact Erin at 905-768-1181.
Yoga classes will take place at the MCFN Community Centre on Mondays at 6 p.m.
March cancer screening
Don’t forget to visit the Mobile Cancer Screening Coach this month. it will be at the plaza on March 22.
March Break camp at Social and Health
Camp will run March 13 to 17 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the lower level of the Social & Health building. In person
Feb 25, 26 March 4 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Social and Health Services. Light lunch provided. Register by Feb. 19 Transportation available if