The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation see the need for and is committed to the advancement of our First Nation through academic excellence and sportsmanship, underthe categories of Education, Health and Welfare, Sports and Recreation, Arts and Culture and the Environment.
Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation also encourages Health & physical activity by assisting members in their goal of being more physically active. Event Donations granted under this policy are normally intended as one-time special event funding to assist members. The donation funding does not cover costs supported by other programs or funding sources, purchasing of equipment, tuition, books, travel and accommodations.
Council recognizes that special circumstances may arise where a member has the opportunity to advance to a higher calibre. Council reserves the right to donate to an individual or group at a higher level.
The Donations Policy covers the period April 1- March 31 of each year.
1. Registration/lesson fees for any one of the eligible categories listed, on a
reimbursement basis with receipts.
- Multiple applications accepted per year per person up to $500.00
2. Events funding for any one of the eligible categories listed
- Once time a year funding
- To a maximum of $750 or 75% of the proposed budget – individual
- To a maximum of $1,250 or 75% of the proposed budget – group (3+ people)
- To a maximum of $1,250 or 75% of the proposed budget that includes
accommodations and airfare
For eligibility criteria click on the application form to download.
Applications can be picked up at the lands and membership office or downloaded here.