The Family Support Workers maintain confidential and supportive communication with clients. Emphasis is placed on intervention and prevention with adults and children with the opportunity to address social issues.
Programs and Services
Case Management Services:
Family Support Workers are responsible for ensuring that all relevant service providers participate fully in the planning and delivery of services to meet individual client needs i.e. CAS, domestic violence services, addiction services, counselling, etc.
Traditional Parenting Group
Offered on an ongoing basis and involves the parents learning about child development, behaviour management, and healthy lifestyles.
The band representative ensures that the position of the “band” (MCFN) is upheld during any child welfare proceedings. They are also present during child welfare investigations by the various Children’s Aid Societies with MCFN members. The band representatives assist clients with referrals to various agencies to complete the services required by child welfare. They also assist in finding family members who may be able to care for children who are in the care of various Children’s Aid Societies.
Drug and Alcohol Referrals
Referrals are available and can be accessed through the Family Support Workers. Transportation may be available for referrals to outside agencies. Treatment referrals are made for clients and assistance with completing the necessary paperwork is provided. Support is provided while waiting for treatment.
Embracing Our New Life Support Group
This support group is for individuals seeking recovery from addictions. It offers coping skills/strategies and cultural activities to celebrate living a clean lifestyle. Sessions are held on Thursday evenings, 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm on the first and third Thursday each month.
Other Services Offered
- Supportive Counselling is offered to clients (children, youth, adults, individual, couple and family) as requested or referred to assist with emotional or behavioural challenges.
- Coordination and Implementation of community events and public relations information at various events.
- Crisis Intervention and management services available as needed.
- Family Group Counselling – sessions are provided as requested.
- Other Groups or Issues – developed as needed.
- Duty to Report Presentation
- Violence Against Women
- Communication Skills
- Healthy Relationships
- Suicide Prevention
- Prescription Drugs Presentation
- Various other topics requested by the community
- Various motivational guest speakers
The latest posts from MCFN Social and Health Services Department
Official nomination list of the 2019 MCFN Elections. Polling is Dec. 14, 2019 from 9 am - 8 pm at the MCFN Community Centre.
Aanii: please view the poster for a grassroots mental health group here on MCFN if you'd like to participate.