To facilitate the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation (MCFN) involvement in major events within MCFN’s traditional territory with the purpose of building awareness of MCFN and broader Indigenous cultures and history; building relationships with government and corporate partners; and promoting and advocating for the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and other Indigenous people.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation Major Events Committee has the following roles and responsibilities.
- Negotiate draft terms and conditions for opportunities to benefit the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and other Indigenous people through involvement in major events including accreditation. Benefits may include economic development, employment, training, and more.
- Make recommendations to MCFN Chief and Council on partnership opportunities related to major events taking place within MCFN traditional territory. Partners may include sponsors, event organizers, governments, and other entities.
- Make recommendations to MCFN Chief and Council on the level of involvement, which may include commitment of personnel and other resources on specific events.
- Recommend MCFN representatives on external major event committees and boards.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with major event organizers.
- Continue to build relationships with other First Nations and Indigenous organizations within MCFN’s Traditional Territory as it relates to involvement or recognition in major events.
- Build awareness of MCFN history and culture and broader issues affecting Indigenous peoples.
- Represent MCFN in presentations and meetings in relation to major events within MCFN traditional territory.
The latest posts from MCFN Media and Communications
Updated Notice NOTICE OF CLOSURE NEW CREDIT VARIETY & GAS BAR To ensure the ongoing safety of our customers, employees and community, New Credit Variety & Gas Bar has made the decision to suspend business [...]
Parenting in the time of COVID-19 To help parents interact constructively with their children during this time of confinement, these six one-page tips for parents cover planning one-on-one time, staying positive, creating a daily routine, [...]