This Media and Communications department provides the following services:
• Maintaining MCFN website
• Producing newsletter/flyers. To submit a classified ad in the current issue, please click here for classified ad form.
• Developing communications materials as required (pamphlets, presentations, advertisements etc.)
• Maintaining social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
• Development, implementation, and reporting of surveys
• Building relationships with other Mississauga First Nations, Indigenous groups, municipalities, province of Ontario, and the Government of Canada.
• Building relationships with community organizations such as community foundations, churches, conservation groups, educators etc.
• Facilitating information flow between MCFN and regional organizations such as COO and the AFN.
• Facilitating media relations (coordinating interviews, providing information, writing and distributing press releases/statements)
• Writing speeches and correspondences
• Preparing Chief and Council for public engagements & meetings
• Ensuring Chief and Council are aware of matters of special interest
• Ensuring staff are aware of matters of special interest including funding and networking opportunities
• Development and maintenance of event calendar
• Recording minutes and reporting for special meetings
• Ensuring internal communications processes are efficient
Development and Implementation of Communications Strategies for Council and all MCFN Departments
• Determining communications objectives for each department and business venture
• Developing key messaging, segmenting and targeting audiences, determining tactics
• Developing plans for implementation and evaluation of communications strategies
• Consulting with Council and departments as needed for individual projects
MCFN Branding and Quality Control
• Developing communications policy
• Developing brand guidelines
• Ensuring all outgoing communications are free of errors, professionally formatted, and adhere to the MCFN communications policy and brand guidelines
The latest posts from MCFN Media and Communications