This Media and Communications department provides the following services:
• Maintaining MCFN website
• Producing newsletter/flyers. To submit a classified ad in the current issue, please click here for classified ad form.
• Developing communications materials as required (pamphlets, presentations, advertisements etc.)
• Maintaining social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
• Development, implementation, and reporting of surveys
• Building relationships with other Mississauga First Nations, Indigenous groups, municipalities, province of Ontario, and the Government of Canada.
• Building relationships with community organizations such as community foundations, churches, conservation groups, educators etc.
• Facilitating information flow between MCFN and regional organizations such as COO and the AFN.
• Facilitating media relations (coordinating interviews, providing information, writing and distributing press releases/statements)
• Writing speeches and correspondences
• Preparing Chief and Council for public engagements & meetings
• Ensuring Chief and Council are aware of matters of special interest
• Ensuring staff are aware of matters of special interest including funding and networking opportunities
• Development and maintenance of event calendar
• Recording minutes and reporting for special meetings
• Ensuring internal communications processes are efficient
Development and Implementation of Communications Strategies for Council and all MCFN Departments
• Determining communications objectives for each department and business venture
• Developing key messaging, segmenting and targeting audiences, determining tactics
• Developing plans for implementation and evaluation of communications strategies
• Consulting with Council and departments as needed for individual projects
MCFN Branding and Quality Control
• Developing communications policy
• Developing brand guidelines
• Ensuring all outgoing communications are free of errors, professionally formatted, and adhere to the MCFN communications policy and brand guidelines
The latest posts from MCFN Media and Communications
The City of Burlington invites Ontario-based Indigenous artists or Indigenous-led artist teams to submit an Expression of Interest to create a permanent public artwork for the exterior of the Joseph Brant Museum. The museum is [...]