This Media and Communications department provides the following services:
• Maintaining MCFN website
• Producing newsletter/flyers. To submit a classified ad in the current issue, please click here for classified ad form.
• Developing communications materials as required (pamphlets, presentations, advertisements etc.)
• Maintaining social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
• Development, implementation, and reporting of surveys
• Building relationships with other Mississauga First Nations, Indigenous groups, municipalities, province of Ontario, and the Government of Canada.
• Building relationships with community organizations such as community foundations, churches, conservation groups, educators etc.
• Facilitating information flow between MCFN and regional organizations such as COO and the AFN.
• Facilitating media relations (coordinating interviews, providing information, writing and distributing press releases/statements)
• Writing speeches and correspondences
• Preparing Chief and Council for public engagements & meetings
• Ensuring Chief and Council are aware of matters of special interest
• Ensuring staff are aware of matters of special interest including funding and networking opportunities
• Development and maintenance of event calendar
• Recording minutes and reporting for special meetings
• Ensuring internal communications processes are efficient
Development and Implementation of Communications Strategies for Council and all MCFN Departments
• Determining communications objectives for each department and business venture
• Developing key messaging, segmenting and targeting audiences, determining tactics
• Developing plans for implementation and evaluation of communications strategies
• Consulting with Council and departments as needed for individual projects
MCFN Branding and Quality Control
• Developing communications policy
• Developing brand guidelines
• Ensuring all outgoing communications are free of errors, professionally formatted, and adhere to the MCFN communications policy and brand guidelines
The latest posts from MCFN Media and Communications
January 14, 2021 The MCFN Chief and Council and the COVID-19 Working Group are continuing to actively take precautions and actions to address the potential impacts of COVID-19 within our Nation. At this time, we [...]
When Spirit Bear’s mom tells him about an important human rights case happening in Ottawa, Ontario, he makes the LONG trip (by train, his favourite way to travel) to go and watch, and to stand [...]
The Mississaugas of the Credit are thrilled to announce the Nation's first baby born in 2021! Adele Melba Grace Sault, Bear Clan, is the daughter of Shelby Smoke and Jesse Sault. She was born at [...]
Elder Carolyn King, C.M., former Chief and a Member of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, Ontario has received the Order of Canada, one of our country’s highest honours. Presented by the governor general, [...]