All applicants must be a Status Indian, within the meaning of the Indian Act, Chapter 27, Statutes of Canada (1985), and must be registered with a First Nation in Canada.
1. All applicants must complete an application for transfer and submit to the Lands, Research and Membership Department for verification of completed requirements prior to submission to the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation Council for approval.
2. Each adult (over the age of 18 years) must make their own application.
3. Where the person seeking Membership in the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation has not reached the full age of 18 years, a parent or Guardian of that person may submit an application on his/her behalf.
4. If an individual is over the age of 18 but unable, by reason of illness, disability or other cause, a parent or Guardian of that person may submit an application on his/her behalf.
Terms & Conditions:
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements of eligibility criteria as outlined below:
1. The Applicant must have at least one parent who is currently registered with the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation or was entitled to be registered with the Mississaugas of the Credit at the time of his/her death.
2. The Applicant must:
a) Perform a minimum of ten (10) hours of volunteer community service work with the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation prior to acceptance of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation. (minors are exempt).
b) Complete a Community Questionnaire in relation to the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation (minors are exempt).
c) Provide a copy of a long form birth certificate which confirms family relationship to Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation as it refers to in Item #1 above.
3. Applications must be received by January 1st of each year. Final decision will be made in April of that year.
The latest posts from MCFN Lands, Research and Membership Department
The MCFN Lands, Membership and Research Department (LMR) is scheduled to reopen on Sept. 8, 2020. For the safety of all staff and visitors, we will be implementing the following new entry procedures. Please call [...]
Please be advised: When MCFN reopens to the public, the Lands, Membership & Research Department will only be accessible by appointment for any services that we provide. Our doors will be locked and entry will [...]