Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021
Workout: At Home Bodyweight Arms
Do the exercises as a circuit, repeat the circuit 3-5 times. Beginners start with 5 reps to test strength.
- InchWorms/Plank WalkOuts
- Tricep Dips
- Incline Pushups
- Mountain Climbers (30 seconds to finish the round)
Meal: Mexican Chicken Quinoa Casserole
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 large breasts)
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic about 2 cloves
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (15 ounces) well drained
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces) , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese divided
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large casserole dish (9×13 inch or similar) with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place 2 cups water and quinoa in a large saucepan, then bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven or similar large, deep sauté pot, heat the olive oil over medium high. Add the onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Continue to sauté until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and drained tomatoes and cook 1 additional minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the black beans, reserved quinoa, Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly in the pan. Top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, until the cheese is melted and the casserole is hot, about 15 minutes. Turn the oven to broil, then continue cooking until the cheese is lightly browned, about 3 to 4 additional minutes, watching carefully so that the cheese does not burn. Let rest 5 minutes, sprinkle with chopped cilantro, and serve.