Workout: Core Blast
Do each exercise for 30sec to a minute. Rest doe 2 minutes in between rounds.
- Russian Twists
- Leg Lifts
- Reverse Crunches
- Flutter Kicks
Meal: Barbecue Chicken Burgers
Serves 4 Double recipe if you need more.
- 1 lb ground chicken dark or white meat
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce plus additional for topping burger with, if desired
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese diced into tiny cubes or shredded
- 1 cup homemade coleslaw
- 4 buns
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Place chicken into large mixing bowl and add spices, ¼ cup barbecue sauce, and diced cheese. Mix together until just combined and ingredients are evenly distributed. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into patties. Place a thumbprint into the middle of each burger, to help prevent shrinkage and even cooking.
- Grill burgers for 6-7 minutes per side, or until chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove chicken burgers to a plate and baste with additional barbecue sauce. Allow burgers to rest on a plate for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve on top of bun (or bunless for low-carb or gluten free) and top burger with 1-2 tsp additional barbecue sauce and ¼ cup coleslaw on each burger.