At Home HITT Workout
Depending on your level: Do 30 seconds of activity followed by 30 seconds of rest, or 45 seconds of activity and 15 seconds of rest. Repeat as many times as desired.
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart, core engaged, and your hands placed one on top the other at the small of your back.
- Jog in place, kicking your heels high to try to tap your butt.
- Alternating Reverse Lunges
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your core engaged, and your hands on your hips.
- Step back with your right foot and bend both knees to 90 degrees to sink into a lunge. Keep your core engaged, your hips tucked, and your back straight.
- Return to your starting position by pushing off your right foot and stepping forward.
- Repeat on the other side. Continue to alternate sides.
- Pop Squats
- Stand with your feet together, core engaged, and hands at your chest.
- Jump your feet wide and sit back into a wide squat, engaging your glutes and bending both knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Tap the floor with your right hand.
- Jump your feet back together to return to your starting position. Do two small hops in place, and then immediately jump your feet wide again to drop into another wide squat, this time tapping the floor with your left hand.
- Continue to do pop squats, alternating your hand that you tap to the floor each time.
- Skater Hops
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Lift your right leg and jump to the right. Let your left leg straighten and follow.
- As you land on your right foot, swing your left foot behind you, keeping your left foot off the floor. Bring your left hand down as your right arm swings behind your back.
- Swing your left leg to the left and jump, landing lightly on your left foot. Allow your right foot to swing behind you, and your right hand to come down toward the floor and your left arm to swing behind your back.
- Continue to skate from side to side.
- Forearm Plank Hold
- Place your forearms on the floor, elbows directly underneath your shoulders, hands facing forward so that your arms are parallel to each other.
- Extend your legs behind you, feet hip-width apart.
- Tuck your tailbone and engage your core, butt, and quads.
- Hold this position.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TBS chocolate protein powder*
- ½ – 1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 TBS powdered peanut butter**
- ½ banana frozen
- 3 cups of frozen greens
- Add ingredients to the container of a blender in the order listed.
- Turn blender on low and slowly increase to high speed.
- Blend until smooth (about 50-60 seconds)
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
- Almond milk. Any non-dairy milk or regular dairy milk works very well in this recipe!
- Chocolate Protein Powder.
- Peanut Butter Powder. Regular peanut butter can be substituted for the peanut butter powder, however it will increase the total amount of calories in this peanut butter smoothie!
- You can use frozen mixed Veggies or fresh veggies, its your choice or just stick with spinach and or kale. Spinach= 3 cups, Kale= 1 cup.