This Media and Communications department provides the following services:
• Maintaining MCFN website
• Producing newsletter/flyers. To submit a classified ad in the current issue, please click here for classified ad form.
• Developing communications materials as required (pamphlets, presentations, advertisements etc.)
• Maintaining social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
• Development, implementation, and reporting of surveys
• Building relationships with other Mississauga First Nations, Indigenous groups, municipalities, province of Ontario, and the Government of Canada.
• Building relationships with community organizations such as community foundations, churches, conservation groups, educators etc.
• Facilitating information flow between MCFN and regional organizations such as COO and the AFN.
• Facilitating media relations (coordinating interviews, providing information, writing and distributing press releases/statements)
• Writing speeches and correspondences
• Preparing Chief and Council for public engagements & meetings
• Ensuring Chief and Council are aware of matters of special interest
• Ensuring staff are aware of matters of special interest including funding and networking opportunities
• Development and maintenance of event calendar
• Recording minutes and reporting for special meetings
• Ensuring internal communications processes are efficient
Development and Implementation of Communications Strategies for Council and all MCFN Departments
• Determining communications objectives for each department and business venture
• Developing key messaging, segmenting and targeting audiences, determining tactics
• Developing plans for implementation and evaluation of communications strategies
• Consulting with Council and departments as needed for individual projects
MCFN Branding and Quality Control
• Developing communications policy
• Developing brand guidelines
• Ensuring all outgoing communications are free of errors, professionally formatted, and adhere to the MCFN communications policy and brand guidelines
The latest posts from MCFN Media and Communications
Click here to read the full story: Settlement Approved
MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT, SOUTHERN ONTARIO TREATIES (1764-1862), ON, Aug. 10, 2019 /CNW/ - The Government of Canada and First Nations are working in partnership to improve water infrastructure and support access to safe, clean and reliable drinking water in [...]
(Ottawa, ON) – Hundreds of First Nations Chiefs, leaders, Elders and youth are set to gather July 23-25, 2019 for the Assembly of First Nations (AFN) Annual General Assembly (AGA) taking place at the Fredericton [...]
Aanii: please view our premiere video of "EagleTalks" featuring Councillor Larry Sault. The series will feature monthly updates from Chief and Council. Miigwech! https://youtu.be/nnEV7IE_0ho
Aanii: Eagle Talks is the monthly video series featuring MCFN Chief and Council updates. This is our premiere video featuring Councillor Larry Sault as he discusses MCFN Governance and national politics. Miigwech for tuning in and be sure to subscribe to our channel. Miigwech ~ MCFN Media and Communications Department.