The MCFN Governance Internal and Intergovernmental Council has passed a motion extending the MCFN operational services only, to January 4, 2021.
Due to the continued increasing trend of COVID-19 in neighbouring areas, this proactive measure is deemed an important step in keeping our community and workplace safe.
The MCFN organization will continue to be staffed with only the required OPERATIONAL STAFF to maintain essential services.
These positions include:
- Administration – Council, Chief Operating Officer, Finance, Human Resource Manager, Council Coordinator, Receptionist, Council Recorder
- Public Works – All workers, including custodians
- Education – Director, Assistant and education clerk as required
- DOCA – Director, Office Manager as required, FLR’s and Archeology team
- LMR – All staff, for the purposes of Community Wellness and Status Cards
- Media and Communications – MCD Coordinator/ MCA as required
- Housing – Director and support staff, as required
- Social and Health Services – Director, Assistant as required, Receptionist, Personal Support Workers, Mental Health Workers, Ontario Works, Community Health Representative, Community Health Clerk, RNs, RPNs, Supervisor of Family Support/Mental Health Programs, Healthy Babies/Health Children, Cook, SH Finance, Family Support Workers (Band Rep), Community Support Workers & Early Childhood Development Worker for the purposes of delivering essential support services, enhanced safety protocols will be in place)
- ECC and EarlyON – Virtual Programming to continue, will be called in if required to assist with operational needs.
- ECDEV– A/Director as required
LSK Elementary School staff will continue working remotely, all classes shall continue as scheduled. The Principal will be permitted in the building, as well as any required administrative support staff.
All in person appointments are to be postponed and will required to be rescheduled, with the exception of those deemed essential, such as the flu shot clinic and home care services.