UPDATE FROM THE MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT FIRST NATION ON COVID-19
March 15, 2020
From the most up to date case definition for the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
A Probable Case
- Is a person with a fever (over 38 degrees Celsius) and/or onset of (or exacerbation of chronic) cough AND any of the following within 14 days prior to onset of illness;
- Travel to an impacted area or
- Close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 or
- Close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been to an impacted area and
- In whom laboratory diagnosis of COVID -19 is not available, recommended inconclusive or negative (if specimen quality or timing is suspect)
Please refer to the link below for the Ontario Ministry of Health self-assessment guide lines.
If you have the symptoms outlined above, contact the following Public Health Offices and follow their instructions:
- Haldimand Norfolk Public Health – 519-426-6170, ext. 9999
- Six Nations Public Health – 519-445-2672
- Brant County Public Health – 519-753-4937
- Outside of regular business hours, you can contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.
For more information on COVID-19, please check our website – www.mncfn.ca
***The working group have been monitoring this situation over the weekend and have been in contact with one another. Updates will be posted on the website and on social media as they become available.