The Mississaugas of Credit First Nation sees the need for and is committed to the advancement of our First Nation through academic excellence and sportsmanship, under the categories of Education, Health and Welfare, Sports and Recreation, Arts and Culture and the Environment. Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation also encourages health and physical activity by assisting MCFN members in their goal of being more physically active.
Donations granted under this policy are normally intended as one-time special event funding to assist MCFN members. The donation funding does not cover costs supported by other programs or funding sources, purchasing of equipment, tuition, books, travel and accommodations.
Council recognizes that special circumstances may arise where an MCFN member has the opportunity to advance to a higher calibre. Council reserves the right to donate to an individual or group at a higher level.
The Donation Policy covers the period April 1- March 31 of each year.
1. Registration/lesson fees for any one of the eligible categories listed, on a reimbursement basis with receipts.
- Up to $250 per applicant per year
2. Events funding for any one of the eligible categories listed:
- Once time a year funding
- To a maximum of $500 or 50% of the proposed budget – individual
- To a maximum of $1,000 or 50% of the proposed budget – group (3+ people)
- To a maximum of $1,000 or 50% of the proposed budget that includes accommodations and airfare
For eligibility criteria click on the application form to download.
Applications can be picked up at the lands, research and membership office or downloaded here.