Donations granted under this policy are normally intended as one-time special event funding to assist band members. The maximum donation an individual can receive is $500 in a fiscal year or an amount approved by council and to groups at a maximum of up to $2,000 per fiscal year or an amount approved by council.
The funds are deemed to be special event funding for the advancement of members through academic excellence and sportsmanship under the categories of education, health and welfare, sports and recreation, arts and culture and the environment.
The donation funding does not cover costs for hockey registrations, purchasing of equipment, tuition, books, or travel and accommodations. The Donation Policy covers the period April 1 to March 31 of each year.
To be eligible under the policy, applicants must:
- Be a group, individual, organization, or project affiliated with the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation that promotes and strengthens the local community.
- Be of direct benefit to the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and its members.
- Have a clearly-defined, worthwhile purpose relevant to the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and its people.
- In order to monitor the applicant’s progress and final results, Chief and Council require a written report outlining progress within 14 calendar days of the event/course completion. If this requirement is not adhered to the applicant will not be considered for future donations.
- All portions of the application must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Requests from outside organizations, both Native and Non-Native, may be considered depending on their benefit to the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation Council and membership.
For more information or to pick up an application, visit the lands, research and membership office.