2020-2021 COMMUNITY WELLNESS APPLICATION INFORMATION
<<< THIS PORTION IS FOR THE 2020-2021 SECOND DISTRIBUTION >>>
Please ensure you are submitting the correct application form.
APPLICATION FORMS: (NOW AVAILABLE)
MCFN Council has approved a 2nd Distribution for the 2020-2021 Community Wellness allocation for $1000.00.
THE FOLLOWING CHANGES IN PROCEDURE WILL ONLY APPLY TO THE 2020-2021 COMMUNITY WELLNESS PROCESS DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
The 2020-2021 Community Wellness – 2nd Distribution applications will be available starting November 16, 2020. Applications will be available via the mncfn.ca website or call the LMR office and we will mail or email you an application. Contact information listed below.
Application Forms and 2 Pieces of Identification (see below)
- Will be accepted starting November 16, 2020 via mail, email or drop off via our mail slot at the Lands, Membership & Research office at 6 First Line.
- This 2nd distribution is different from the initial Community Wellness payment of $2500, therefore Members must use the new 2nd Distribution application form for $1000. Applications will not be accepted if other forms are used.
- Direct deposit (CANADIAN ACCOUNTS ONLY) is the preferred method of payment, your name must appear on your void cheque or direct deposit form NO EXCEPTIONS. If your name is NOT on your void cheque or direct deposit form, a cheque will be mailed to you. Not applicable if there are no changes to your banking information.
- If you have requested a cheque, it will be mailed to you. Please ensure your address is up to date and complete.
- You do not need to submit a quote, receipt or estimate this year only!
- All payments will start after December 1, 2020
AS A SAFETY PRECAUTION NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE LANDS, MEMBERSHIP & RESEARCH OFFICE TO DROP OFF THEIR APPLICATIONS OR TO PICK UP CHEQUES.
Acceptable Valid ID (MUST BE PROVIDED A COPY OF THE FRONT & BACK OF ID)
- Birth certificate·
- Status card
- Health card
- Driver’s license
- Employee ID, with digitized photo
- Student ID, with digitized photo
- Firearms license
- Passport or Nexus card
Lands, Membership & Research
2789 Mississauga Rd
If you have any questions please call the LMR office Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 PM.
<<< THIS PORTION IS FOR THE 2020/2021 APRIL DISTRIBUTION >>>
The 2020-2021 Community Wellness applications will be available starting March 20, 2020. Applications will be available via the mncfn.ca website. Please call the LMR office at 905-768-0100 or email Delainie.King@mncfn.ca and an application will be mailed or emailed to you.
Provided there are sufficient funds through contributions from the Toronto Purchase Trust, this policy will remain in effect annually with the approval of the budget. This program is not funded by any government agency; it is solely funded by the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
All Mississaugas of the Credit members eighteen years of age or older, regardless of place of residence, are entitled to receive a maximum of one thousand five hundred dollars ($1500) per year, as a reimbursement against receipts and/or invoices or estimates. Types of expenditures, but not limited to, are:
Necessities of Life
- Medical/dental/therapeutic/orthopedic and vision care expenses/equipment (not covered under other plans)
- Property/building/maintenance/rent/transportation/housekeeping/personal care
- Contractual services
- Recreational, traditional and healthy lifestyle memberships and activities
Any person caring for a Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation member eighteen years of age or younger, regardless of place of residency, is entitled to receive a maximum of one thousand five hundred dollars ($1500) per year and per policy, as a reimbursement against receipts and/or invoices. Application forms (adult and minor child) are to be filled out and submitted with receipts. If a parent or guardian is submitting on behalf of a minor member, the proper documentation, including proof of legal custody in certain circumstances, and identifiable receipts or invoices for the minor member, are required.
The latest posts from MCFN Lands, Research and Membership Department
January 14, 2021 The MCFN Chief and Council and the COVID-19 Working Group are continuing to actively take precautions and actions to address the potential impacts of COVID-19 within our Nation. At this time, we [...]
MCFN Chief and Council and the COVID-19 Working Group are continuing to actively take precautions and actions to address the potential impacts of COVID-19 within our Nation. At this time, MCFN has returned to no [...]