Friday January 7th 2022
Complete as a circuit. Repeat circuit 3-7 times depending on how difficult you want it to be. 1-2 minutes rest in between sets.
- 40 Jumping Jacks
- 30 Box Jumps
- 40 High Knees
- 40 Sec wall Sit
- 10 Push Ups
- 10 Low Squat Jumps
- 20 Bicycle Crunches
- 10 Mountain Climbers
Meal: Creamy chicken and pea carbonara pasta
- 200g chickpea spirals pasta (see tip)
- 120g (3/4 cup) frozen peas
- 150g sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 12 truss cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 egg
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Bulla Cooking Cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding the frozen peas and sugar snap peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Reserve 60ml (1/4 cup) pasta cooking liquid. Drain pasta. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken and tomatoes, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tomatoes are softened slightly. Add the garlic, chilli flakes and lemon rind and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg, cream, lemon juice and half the parmesan in a jug until combined.
- Add the chicken mixture and egg mixture to the hot pasta. Quickly toss to coat in the sauce, adding a little reserved cooking liquid, if necessary. Serve pasta scattered with the remaining parmesan.