Thursday January 21st 2022
Workout: Body weight Leg Workout
Three sets of 12 for each exercise. 30 sec to a minute rest between exercise 2 minutes between rounds.
- Prisoner Squats
- Reverse Lunge(12 each leg)
- Glute Bridges
- Calf Raises
- Lunge Pulses(12 each leg)
- Mountain Climbers(30 seconds)
- Flutter Kicks(30 Seconds)
Meal: Healthy Breakfast Cassarole
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 10 to 12 ounces mixed mushrooms, (cremini mushrooms, quartered)
- 1 bunch asparagus, tender parts, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt*
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Microgreens, optional, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. On one baking sheet spread the sweet potatoes, on the other baking sheet spread the mushrooms and asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pinches of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes. Place the baking sheet with the mushrooms and asparagus in the oven to roast during the final 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch** baking dish with nonstick spray. Place all the sweet potatoes evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Add half of the vegetables from the second baking sheet and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the feta cheese, scallions, and peas.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetables. Add the remaining mushrooms and asparagus.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the eggs are set and the edges are lightly golden brown. Let the casserole sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish slices with microgreens and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
* Use ½ teaspoon salt if using the feta cheese; use 1 teaspoon salt if omitting the feta cheese.