The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, Ontario Works office, wants to remind members that the Hagersville Food Bank is here to help low income individuals, and that they are also seeking donations.
The Hagersville Food Bank has been helping low-income households since December 2012 and serves six designated rural routes including all of MNCFN.
The Food Bank is located at 5 Marathon Street (the old Tim’s Tire location) in Hagersville. It is behind Cheerful Charlie’s Chip Wagon and directly across Highway 6 from Tim Hortons.
The coordinator of the Food Bank is Janice Schweder, who initiated the start-up of this facility upon her retirement from Hagersville Secondary School.
Janice can be contacted on Thursdays at 289-758-3789 or you can leave her a message. All clients who wish to access the Food Bank must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be low-income.
2. Must complete the registration process on-site.
3. Provide proof of all sources of income and proof of monthly expenses.
4. Must provide birth certificates and Status Cards for all members of the household.
5. All clients must inform the Food Bank of any changes to their personal information.
6. All clients must re-register at the end of every year.
7. The Food Bank is open every Thursday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The Food Bank is also seeking donations. If you wish to make a donation to the Hagersville Food Bank, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation has been requested to donate the following items:
• Red jam (strawberry, raspberry)
• Canned fruit
• Peanut Butter
Donations can be taken directly to the food bank or dropped off with Lindsay Sault at the Social and Health Services building, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, Lindsay can be contacted at: (905) 768-1181 x. 225.