2020 International Women’s Day: #BecauseOfYou
Empowering women and girls to equally participate in economic, social and political life benefits people of all genders. It increases economic prosperity, promotes peace and security, upholds fairness and justice in our society, and ultimately creates happier and healthier communities.
This International Women’s Day we are shining a light on grassroots efforts to advance gender equality in communities across the country and honouring women who are finding powerful ways, both big and small, to drive positive change right at the source.
Join us in celebrating this year’s theme #BecauseOfYou, which pays tribute to the diverse and inspirational gender equality change-makers we know in our own lives.
This International Women’s Day:
- Tell us about your family members, colleagues, friends, mentors and community leaders who are helping advance gender equality using the hashtag #BecauseOfYou
- Nominate a trailblazer who inspires you to be featured in the Women of Impact in Canada Gallery
- Start a conversation with our social media shareables on your networks and channels using the hashtag #BecauseOfYou
- Follow us on Twitter or Instagram
- Take part in an International Women’s Day event in your community
- Learn more about the challenges facing women around the world
- Donate your time to a local, national or international organization that supports women and gender equality
- Talk with men and boys about their role as advocates and allies for gender equality
- Send a postcard to a trailblazer who inspires you