Public Works Department (PWD) did not conduct our bi-annual clean up events like previous years normally occurring in April and October. As you are aware with the onset of the pandemic has impacted many events for this organization however, because PWD postponed the April spring clean-up we are planning to have an extended community clean up event for October. Details of that event will be as follows:
- Garbage bags (5 bags per bundle) & one (1) pair of gloves for each household
participating will be available for pick up.
- All PW Staff will split the shift as follows:
a. October 17 (Arland/Brandy – 9:00 am until 12:00 noon (traffic control), Brandon/Matt – 12:00 noon until 3:00 pm (traffic control)), (Leo – 12:00 noon until 3:00 pm (backhoe – garbage compression and roadside collection);
b. October 24 (Brandon/Matt – 9:00 am until 12:00 noon (traffic control), Arland/Brandy 12:00 noon until 3:00 pm (traffic control)), (Leo – 9:00 am until 12:00 noon (backhoe-garbage compression and roadside collection), Arland/Brandy/Brandon/Matt 12:00 noon until 3:00 pm (hot dogs/hamburgers BBQ and deliver to vehicles on exit).
- All PWD staff will have high vis safety vests, gloves, footwear and face coverings at drop off location.
- A table will be set-up at the drop off location with hand sanitizer and be required for use after drop off has been completed by staff/band members.
- Band members will be required to wear face coverings and remain in their vehicles at all times until they are directed to the proper bin for unloading of waste.
- 2.0 m or (6’-0” social distancing) separation will be maintained at all times.
- There will be no congregating of people during the drop off (monitored by all staff on site).
- Band members will be directed to the designated bin and will unload debris quickly to reduce wait times of others.
- PWD staff will be present to organize a drop off system and control of vehicular traffic flow in/out of drop off location during specified times.
- Drop off location will be only be at gravel parking lot behind the Council House in close proximity to Concession Stand at 2789 Mississauga Road and pre-arranged drop off for scrap metal and/or tires at 450 New Credit Road..
- PWD to arrange with Emterra Environmental and/or a separate waste collection company (Norfolk Disposal) for the following.
- PWD to arrange for two (2) forty yard bins (regular household waste) clearly marked (fluorescent green indicator).
- PWD to arrange for two (2) forty yard bins with no restrictions (construction debris) clearly marked (red indicator).
- PWD to arrange for one (1) forty yard bin (scrap metal) clearly marked (light brown indicator). Access to this bin requires pre-arrangement at the Core Area Site.
- PWD to arrange for one (1) forty yard bin (tires – rims removed) clearly marker (blue indicator). Access to this bin requires pre-arrangement at the Core Area Site.
- PWD Staff will have the backhoe present to compress debris in preparation for transporting and emptying. Each bin will be emptied weekly in preparation for the
weekend drop offs by band members.
- Event start date: October 5, 2020 (bin lift dates October 9, 16 and 23rd).
- Event end date: October 30, 2020 (bin removal October 30, 2020).
Band members, please ensure to note all information shown in BOLD and follow all site instructions carefully and only drop off items designated for specific bins to prevent cross contamination. CROSS CONTAMINATION RESULTS IN EXTRA DISPOSAL COSTS TO THE FIRST NATION.
Open to All MCFN Band Members.
BBQ on Oct. 24, 2020 ONLY
Any questions, please contact Arland LaForme, at 905-971-2980.