MARCH 17, 2020
Special Statement from the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
As COVID-19 spreads across Canada, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation COVID-19 Working Group continues to monitor the unfolding pandemic. As a proactive approach to reducing exposure to COVID-19 in this critically evolving situation, effective March 17, 2020 at 4:30 p.m., the Mississaugas of the Credit will be shutting down all non-essential services.
The following essential services will still be provided to MCFN members:
- Ontario Works – emergencies only
- Community Wellness Payments LMR Department – Revised 2020-2021 Procedure
- Media and Communications
- Public Works
- Home and Community Care – (existing clients only) Meals on Wheels, laundry, personal care, wellness check-in (via telephone), list shopping
- Community Health – Water testing
- Mental Health – supportive counselling available via telephone from 8:30-4:30 with Adult Mental Health Worker 905-536-7863
This situation is being closely monitored and reassessed by the MCFN COVID-19 working group on a daily basis as new and updated information becomes available.
For general inquiries please contact the Band Administration Office at 905-768-1133